Historic ambiance meets modern comfort at Grano de Oro Hotel. This enchanting guesthouse is located off San Jose's main street, Paseo Colon, minutes from museums, historic sites, restaurants, and downtown. Built in the 1910´s as a Victorian mansion, this 40-room hotel maintains the warmth and comfort of a private home with all the amenities of a fine resort.
Guests will step back in time, into the gracious atmosphere of early San Jose, at this original property. They will marvel at its realm of luxuriant plants, lush tropical flower arrangements and babbling cascades. Beautiful stained glasses, carved wood furniture, retro photographs and original art grace the hotel's elegant interiors. In each room, classic bedsteads and souvenirs of bygone years combine seamlessly with contemporary luxury.
A rooftop garden-terrace with lawn beds and jacuzzis provides blissful secluded lounging. Impeccable and courteous service completes the refined atmosphere.
Its charming restaurant merges Costa Rican Tropical with European cuisine to create a very unique dining experience. Romantic candlelit dinners are served in an enchanting central patio with the soothing sounds of running water from a lovely yellow-stone fountain.
• Everything about this hotel spells class, history, sophistication and attention to detail.
• It has a great location in the center of San José, near an array of restaurants, museums, historic sites, and art galleries.
• Dining at Grano de Oro's haut-cuisine restaurant central patio is an enchanting experience.
• Lovely rooftop garden-terrace with lawn beds and Jacuzzis provides blissful secluded lounging.
• Winner of the Certificate of Excellence, and selected as #1 hotel in San Jose, by Trip Advisor
• Conde Nast Traveller, "Although we did not spend too much time in San José, we really appreciated the city glimpse provided by the Grano de Oro. Beautiful old-style architecture, divine cuisine, and the best ambiance."
• Luxury Latin America, "Hotel Grano de Oro (gold nugget) is a true reflection of its name"
Hotel Grano de Oro is the founding sponsor of a civic project in Costa Rica called Casa De Luz. This project offers shelter for teenage mothers and their children. Most of them are girls rescued from high-risk social environments. This project is unique because it is not only about "food and shelter", it also includes strong spiritual guidance and psychological support.
Grano de Oro features 40 unique and tastefully decorated rooms. Inside each room there are wooden floors, classic bedsteads, rattan armchairs and souvenirs of a bygone age that combine seamlessly. Each room and suite boasts an updated marble bath and quality beds for restful nights. Some rooms open onto gorgeous courtyards with babbling cascades.
1 king size bed or 2 queen size beds, air conditioning and ceiling fans, updated baths, simmons, beauty Rest Pillow top mattresses, 300 thread 100% cotton linens, feather and hypoallergenic, synthetic pillows, marble vanities, ceramic soap and lotion dispensers, robes, coffee maker, mini bar, hairdryer, flat screen cable TV, in room electronic security box (fits most laptops) and telephones with direct access to international calling.
Grano de Oro's restaurant serves a unique fusion of tropical and European cuisine, masterfully prepared under the expertise of French-trained chefs. Banquets are served in a charming ambiance with the option of open air in a tropical courtyard or indoors in a cozy-classic dining room.
Meals are healthy, exotic and creatively presented. Guests will indulge in delicious signature entrées like "Corvina a la Macadamia"– a sea bass filet breaded with toasted macadamia nuts and served with a light orange herb sauce or " Pato con Higos Caramelizados" - roasted Canadian duck breast served with a caramelized fig and a pâté crostini. The superb cuisine is complemented by a wine list boasting excellent choices from around the world.